Random ramblings about God, life, and love from a girl just trying to make a difference and find her way in this big, crazy world...
Sunday, December 5, 2010
A Sigh of Relief.
So, GREAT NEWS! I have a job, at least through June, now. Well, it's my same job...sort of. Remember how I told you we lost all our funding at the end of September and that same day we found out we didn't get any of the new grants we'd applied for? Well, that day (Sept. 30) four of my co-workers were laid off (YIKES!!). We had all been told we should be safe through the end of February, but apparently things changed. So a few weeks ago I was told by my supervisor, "We're really working hard to try and keep you working past December." Umm...WHAT???!!!??? I don't mean to panic, but... Anyway, over the past two weeks, we've been awarded several smaller, local grants, which isn't super job security, but it is something. So essentially, as of right now no one else will be laid off. My two co-workers and I will be running programs at a particular school each (a major departure from the whole going to a different school every day thing we've been doing). I'll be at a Middle School in Oregon City, doing case management for at-risk kids and running an after-school program. I'll still be doing all the faith-based programs for our company as well, in addition to trying to continue doing our in-school (different school every day) programs. What that means is that my life is probably going to get LOTS crazier (which is hard to do at this point, since we have the same number of programs as last year with one third of the staff to do them, and we're adding three full-time programs to that load!), but the grant I'll be working for is good through June (at which time they have to reapply). So the good news is, I don't have to start the new year out looking for a new job (Thank You, God!!!), and I should be good, at least until June. Praise the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm so happy for you! What a relief!
Congrats sweetie!
That is good news! :) Congrats.
Post a Comment