Oh, man, this blog thing is crazy! I could waste WAAAAAAY too much time playing around with this...and I'm sure I will as I try to get the hang of it!
But that is SO not what this post is about! I'M GOING ON A TRIP!!! I have been ITCHING to travel lately (dang travel bug!!), and even though this is a QUICK trip, and one of necessity, I'm excited about it! I'm going to see my sister!! Yay!!
So, my mom is getting her knee replaced in Salt Lake on Monday (please keep her in your prayers!), and she basically decided that I want to come home and see her after her surgery. Note I said SHE decided, not I decided, but that's okay. My job is in a weird state right now where I'm just working part time for this month, so I can shuffle my hours around however I want and take some time off. However, I'm a procrastinator, so I didn't make the decision for sure to fly away to Utah (and Colorado...explanation coming) until last night...and we all know how ticket prices on flights go up, up, up the closer you get to the date of the trip! Well, I'm a moron, so exactly a week before I go I made the reservations. *sigh* I SWEAR someday I will learn to plan in advance...actually, probably not. :)
Anyway, it's quite a bit cheaper to fly into Denver than SLC right now (which is not normally the case), but this is EXCELLENT, because my cute sister and brother-in-law live in Denver, and she just happens to have a few days off PT school next week, which makes this an IDEAL situation. This way I get to see them, don't have to sit in SLC while my mom's in the hospital (how boring is that?!), and my dad won't have to drive me back out to SLC to take me back to the airport. And I'll get to meet Janna's new baby! So this is totally the best of all worlds.
So the plan is, fly into Denver on Tuesday (maybe go see a Rockie's game?!?!?!), drive to Vernal on Wednesday (hopefully my mom will get to come home on Wednesday, otherwise she should be able to come home on Thursday, so we'll probably see some high school friends on Wednesday or something), hang out in Vernal until Friday (probably), then head back to Denver either Friday or Saturday (depending on my sister's schedule...she might have to do a service project on Saturday), then I'll fly back to Portland on Sunday! Woohoo! I SO need a vacation, and lucky for me, this means I'm getting one!! Anyone want to play in Denver or Vernal next week?
1 comment:
I'm SO happy for you that you get a short vacation, I've been itching for one as well and luckily, we're going to Vegas this weekend to a concert and to see Le Reve and Phantom...WHOO! So, are you going to have time in Salt Lake? (please say yes!) I may just have to come visit you at the airport :)
Post a Comment