Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer: The Season for Moving.

I have great things I want to write about, and I promise I will write soon, but this week is CRAZY, between coming back from vacation, having to catch up at work, and packing Erik up for his move. Yep, he's moving away this weekend for the summer. :( Sad day. Oh, how I love the dating long-distance business. (Can you hear the sarcasm?) Oh well. It's pretty short term, so that's good. (I said, "You're moving away for the next two months!" and he said, "A month and a week, Jen. Not two months." Silly me.) He'll be working baseball in Kennewick, which is about 4 hours away (which might as well be 40 hours away with the price of gas these days!). But actually, provided I can get off work, we're going to a wedding in Spokane the weekend after he moves, then two weekends later is his sister's wedding, followed shortly thereafter by my birthday (and hopefully I'll see him then...), so hopefully "long-distance" won't really be that long or distant, since we'll see at least a little of each other over the summer. Whatever. We'll survive--we've done it before, for much longer!! But I'm definitely soaking up my Erik time as much as I can this week, so unless I can find time while he's at work these next two days, my blogging might be delayed.

In the meantime, good news!! If I can make it just a few more weeks (which, at this point, is looking good), this will be the first time I have lived in ONE place WITHOUT MOVING for 12 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS since I graduated from high school!!!! And for a girl who HATES moving, this is AMAZINGLY GREAT NEWS!!!! :) Especially since my goal for the year was just to live in one place for ONE year--just 12 months without a move, that's all I wanted. Erik and I moved all my stuff into my roommate's house on July 1st last year, then I officially moved in on July 30th, so maybe my one month actually ends at the end of July. Hmmm. Anyway, looks like I'm finally going to get my wish! YAY!!!

2 comments:

audri jo said...

Jen, my heart hurts for you that you'll be Erik-less for 5 weeks. My favorite part of this story was you saying "you're moving for 2 months?" and Erik saying "a month and a week, Jen!" That would totally be me!! The whole time Greg and I dated and for most of our enagement we did the long-distance thing...YUCK! Probably not what you want to hear, but maybe these 5 weeks without him will be a good opportunity to figure out what you want to do next with your life? Just a thought :)

On another note...about the being in one place for a year...I was the same way until I got married. I had never stayed in the same place for more than a year and for a while not even the same state. Well, now I've been married for 3 years, same job, lived in the same place...at first I thought it was going to be a huge relief, but I totally have A.D.D. about it...I'm like "it's time to do something new, time for a change, we need to move!"

Keep Smiling...Sure Love Ya!

Gilbrides said...

Jen, It's so good to hear from you! I am doing great. Life is really wonderful and I am enjoying "big city" life here in SLC and being a Mom. What are you up to? Where are you living? Where are you working? I am so glad you have a blog. I love blogging. It is such a great way to stay in touch with friends. I am so excited we can keep up with each other!

PS. I wish you the best while Erik is away. I feel for you!