These photos probably speak for themselves. *sigh* This entry isn't really in order, because I have photos from 2 trips that may or may not go up later, but this is the byproduct of the last snowstorm--my crunched up car. :( NOT a good day.
Erik and I drove all the way back from Spokane, six hours, with no incident, then just about a mile from my house in yet another crazy Portland blizzard, a freak accident happened in front of me and unfortunately I couldn't stop (despite taking every precaution--going 2 mph, in low gear, and leaving LOTS of following distance), and I slid down the hill into the car in front of me. Even if you're the best, most confident driver in the snow, if your vehicle won't stop, it won't stop. Simple as that.
So even though it might not LOOK like it's THAT bad, apparently the hood being bent up like that makes it unsafe to drive, due to drag and aerodynamics and other things a physics major could probably explain to you, and so it ends up being about $4000 worth of damage, when all is said and done. Oi.
Needless to say, the car's in the shop, and I'm driving a rental car at (gulp) $30 a day. So if I got it last Friday and I have to have it until at least next Wednesday...you do the math.
And despite the fact that the accident in front of us caused this accident, since neither my car nor the car I hit actually hit the other cars, it's considered a separate accident...and thus my fault. So my insurance has a $750 deductible, plus I'm paying for the rental....no fun. Luckily my folks are willing to help me out, as I'm trying to pay for a trip to Europe in the not-too-distant future...
2 comments:
Ouch! No fun. Sorry.
UGH! I'm sooo sorry! And your last freak snow story was crazy! But, the pictures were awesome!
Post a Comment