Hi! I haven't shown you a photo in a while, but that's just because I haven't really taken a whole lot lately. But in case you just really need to see a photo, here's a cool one I took in August at the beach, when I still worked at that other place. You know the one. We were on a retreat. And this was out the back window of the house we stayed in:
Cool, huh? You don't see THAT every day! Especially if you live in Utah. Right?
Autumn has been GORGEOUS in Portland (I heard on the radio this morning that conditions have been especially good this year to make the beautiful fall colors extra bright!), but apparently yesterday was the last day of that glorious, sunny, lovely weather. The rain has begun, folks. See you in August, sunshine. :(
I haven't been writing much because I swear I have nothing to write. And now that I say that, this will probably be a long post. Because that's the way I am. Glad you guys like me. :)
The new job is plugging right along. There are good days and bad days, of course, and I have to fight to not work overtime (funny, huh?), but overall, it's going well. I'm MUCH happier than I was before, so that's always good, right? Now I'm in decision-making mode about my future--now that's the place everyone always wants to be, right? I'm thinking I'm going to go back to school...and I'm actually pretty serious about it. So more to come on that when there's more to tell.
Today's my Mom's birthday!! And here's an adorable story for you...most of you know my mom has worked with people with disabilities...well, pretty much forever....so today, she went up to the high school to help out with their annual pumpkin carving/Halloween party. (Keep in mind my mom LOVES Halloween--maybe because her birthday's so close?) She helps out with this pretty much every year, partly because she loves it, partly to see some of her clients at school. So they were having a drawing to win a HUGE pumpkin, and she decided to put her name in (she never has before), and get this--she WON!! And she was SO excited about it! Her immediate response was, "I won???? It's my birthday today and I won??? I've never won anything?" I think she told me this story at least 4 times while we were on the phone tonight. Isn't that cute? She was SO super excited. Happy birthday, Mama! :) Love you!
Ummm...welp, I really don't have much else to tell, except I'm SUPER jealous of all my girlfriends who keep having girls' weekends in states where I'm not!!! :( I want to go so bad!! So I've been having long girl chats over the phone with some of my girls, and it's been fantastic! (If you're one of those girls, thank you very much--I needed that!!)
Which brings me to my last point: does anyone out there from Uintah's class of '99 know anything about a reunion next summer? Is there one in the works? Does anyone know? And whether there is one or not...and especially if not...I've heard two GREAT ideas this week that I think we should follow through on. What about a lil' mini-HiLites reunion next summer? So, my thought is for whoever was in the group like 98-99-00-ish...? We could combine that with a girls' night/weekend/couple of days? Especially if there's no class reunion. And by the way...I am NOT necessarily volunteering to plan this, but I'm TOTALLY up for helping. Thoughts?
2 comments:
I have NO idea if we're having a 10 year reunion, but it totally wouldn't surprise me if we didn't. But, I LOVE the idea of a Hi-Lites reunion! That would be so fun. Maybe if 3 or 4 of us pitch in to contact people? I cannot plan the whole thing, either, but would be willing to help out! We missed you last weekend, and I'm so looking foward to seeing you again. It's been too long! Love ya'!
Renee
That's such a pretty picture! You should send me some of your pics from that retreat.
Post a Comment