Sunday, November 16, 2008

Beautiful Autumn in Portland.

It has been sooooo beautiful around here for the last month or two!!  I didn't take any good photos until these, which is kind of the beginning of the end, but they kind of give you an idea of how awesomely beautiful it's been.

Traffic was crazy slow, so I took advantage of the stop and go conditions to snap a few photos of the beautiful fall colors in Portland.  Apparently this year conditions were exactly right in every season to make the leaves the brightest and most beautiful they could possibly be. (P.S. You WIN if you can tell me where these were taken!)

Soooooo pretty!

Traffic was SO bad, and this was at 1 PM on Halloween!!  A few days later I was talking with my roommate, and she had been driving that same route home at about 12-12:30ish, and saw the accident that created this traffic nightmare.  She said RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER a van crossed all 3 lanes of westbound traffic, bounced off the median, then skidded back across all the lanes of traffic and skidded into the median on the right shoulder and stopped.  The passenger immediately got out of the car and started running away.  Weird, huh?  And weirder that she saw it, and I saw the aftermath an hour later.  Ugh.

This is the tree outside my office window.  Isn't it gorgeous?

Just a sampling of the beautiful leaves on the ground.

2 comments:

The Woolley's said...

Those are gorgeous! I know nothing of Portland, so I can't even make a guess. The leaves in SLC turned out really well this year too, finally a real fall!

Gilbrides said...

I LOVE those pictures. It looks like a beautiful place. I have always thought it would be fun to see Portland.