The two upcoming holidays are TOTALLY my favorite!! :) I LOVE Thanksgiving--I have believed for a long time that it's really important to thank people who have had an impact on your life or made a difference in your world, and I think it's awesome that we have a holiday to celebrate exactly that! Sometimes I think, just like with Christmas, we get so caught up in the hype of the holiday that we forget what it's truly about. I love seeing some of my friends who are doing awesome things with their families to get in the right spirit--we have so many blessings, and this is a perfect time of year to remember it as we begin to get ready for Christmas.
Plus, as we all get older, I think I realize more and more how important my family and friends are, and I LOVE getting together with people for the holidays. I think, secretly, I'm more of a social butterfly than I usually am willing to admit. I haven't been home for Thanksgiving since my senior year of high school--NINE YEARS!! Luckily, I've been blessed to have family in the Northwest who have taken me in each year for this special holiday, and it's always a blast. One year I went to my grandparents' house in Montana, most years I've spent Thanksgiving with my aunt and uncle and a random assortment of other various people (cousins, friends, siblings, etc.) in Seattle, and the last two years, I've headed to Kennewick, WA, to hang out with Erik's fam. Even if I couldn't be with my immediately family (I think I've spent Thanksgiving with my folks twice since high school), the awesome people in my life have gone out of their way to include me and make the holiday special and enjoyable. This year promises to be just as wonderful! I seriously CANNOT WAIT until Thanksgiving!! :)
But back to the topic of this post...I'm going home for Christmas!! Granted, I always go home, but for some reason, I am SO READY for a break! I can't wait to go frolic in the snow and sit by the fire and chill with my family. My sis and bro-in-law are heading to Peru the day after Christmas for a mission trip with her in-laws, so our visit will be very short, but it will be super fun to see them! So, in case you're interested, I'm flying into Salt Lake on Tuesday evening, December 23rd, and flying back out of Salt Lake on Sunday, December 28th. If any of you happen to be headed to Vernal, too, I'd love to see you! :) Happy Holidays, everyone!
3 comments:
what about those of us NOT headed to Vernal? :(
Just wanted to say HI!
Um, LOVE the new blog. And...YAY! I'll get to see you.
Post a Comment