So, I have just enough time to give you a quick update before I drop off into dreamland, which will inevitably be much too brief anyway. I have been pitiful about posting these last couple weeks, partially because it hasn't felt like I've had anything worth saying (or reading, for that matter), and partially because I've been ridiculously busy!
I've FINALLY completed my CPR/First Aid Instructor re-certification. A word to the wise: when you get complicated certifications that take DAYS of boring training, DON'T let your cert lapse!! My gosh, it was annoying to sit through those classes when I already know the stuff, I've taught the stuff, and frankly, it's not that difficult in the first place!! The people in my class were nice enough, but apparently experience is super important in teaching, because what came super easy to me seemed pretty tough for them--even though one lady was a retired teacher, she still wasn't any good on the teachbacks. Oh, man. Let's just say I am happy to be done giving up my Saturdays, but THRILLED that working Saturday means I get an extra day off at Thanksgiving. Sometimes being busy has it's perks (especially when you aren't yet eligible for vacation time!!).
Today was an awesome, fun-filled, jam-packed day, but sleepiness is setting in, so I'll have to fill you in on it later. It was a blast. But one day is SO not enough to have off!! Oh well. So here are just a few quick thoughts before I go:
*I am SO glad the political ads are over. And I don't even miss them at all. Hip hip hooray for a little break in the madness.
*I am SO glad the election is over, and I hope we have at least a little time (like until January, when it will pick up again) for people to take a break talking about it. Let's call a time out on the political talk. What do you say? (I'm SO glad I work at a place where we've all agreed just not to talk politics at all to the greatest extent possible. Yay for that!)
*I'm so proud of Audri for being a poll-worker!! Way to show people that you don't have to be a little old lady to work the polls!! And way to represent the young adults! Good job, Audj! :)
*If you want to see something amazing and beautiful, click here. Beauty exists in the midst of extreme poverty. And that's all I'll say about that. (And yes, I was directed to this video through thepioneerwoman.com.)
*Have you heard of the book "The Shack"? Have you read it? If you haven't, you should. And then you should tell me what you think. And we should talk about it. No matter what, it definitely will make you think, and that's good all in itself. And after you read it, I'll tell you something else about the book that makes it cool, too. :)
*Christmas has come to Portland. I'm serious. And at first I wasn't ready for it, but now I think I am. More on this later.
Good night everyone! Sweet dreams, and have a good tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment