Saturday morning, exhausted from our eventful evening the night before, we slept in a little and just hung out while we packed up and cleaned out our amazing hotel room. April and Janna put together an amazing breakfast of German pancakes with strawberries and homemade buttermilk syrup (O.M.G. it was UNBELIEVABLE!!) and virgin pina coladas. SO good! :)
We checked out of our room and went to explore the village attached to the hotel for a little shopping...
Then I had my first ever experience at In-N-Out...
Before we headed out "hiking." I say "hiking" because we actually did very little hiking, mostly just driving around and goofing off and taking photos! :) April took us out to Valley of Fire State Park--GORGEOUS!! We headed first to Rainbow Vista. April told us there were almost always wedding parties there taking photos on the weekend, so we weren't shocked to see a limo there when we pulled up. We were, however, more than a little surprised when we realized they weren't just taking pictures, they were actually getting married!! Just the couple, the man performing the ceremony, and the photographer. So we tried to be discrete, but it was hilarious. We sneakily snapped a photo to remember the occasion, and seriously, the BEST part is the bride's hair...
(You MUST zoom in on that hair if you can't see it, because it is pretty...amazing.)
Then we just took a bunch of photos and enjoyed the beautiful views.
After "hiking" we headed back to the Strip to make our second attempt at catching the water shows at the Bellagio, and this time we were successful!
The rest of the weekend was filled with church finding adventures (I'll tell you about that sometime), good food (Janna made gumbo--YUM!), chatting, playing games (Nertz, anyone?!), Wii, and just good times relaxing and catching up with amazing women.
Thanks, girls, for an amazing weekend--it was JUST what I needed!! And a great way to end a crappy year and kick-off a new, great year. Love you all!
Next year on my coast? :)
1 comment:
Sounds like SOO much fun! Sad I missed it, and hoping that I can come to the next one. I'll start saving my pennies right now!
Post a Comment