Do you remember a few weeks ago I told you Erik surprised me and bought us tickets to go see the 2008 Tour of Gymnastics Superstars? And I admitted to you that I am a COMPLETE nerd and that I was CRAZY excited to go see this?
Well, Friday was the night!!! And it did NOT disappoint. This post will be done in several installments because I took some amazing videos and I want you to be able to see them!! The quality isn't the greatest because it was dark and I just took them on my little digital camera (not exactly a zooming expert), but you get the point. Don't worry, I don't care if you don't watch them, but I'm going to put a bunch up for the few people I know read this who I think would really enjoy watching them They're awesome!!
And just one note: Nastia Liukin and Shawn Johnson were there and were INCREDIBLE, but the guys TOTALLY stole the show. They were UNBELIEVABLE!! So, in no particular order, we'll start with some of their videos:
Paul and Morgan Hamm do Kanye. This was SOOOOO awesome!!! These two guys are AMAZING!! I wish they hadn't both been hurt during the Olympics, because they are phenomenal. And adorable. And TWINS!! :)
Apparently male gymnasts are also incredible hip hop dancers. Or at least these particular guys make one heck of an awesome crew! And when you throw in the huge gymnastics in the middle of the routine, not to mention breakdancing...? Fantastic!
Just so you can believe we actually went to a gymnastics event, here is a guy on the Still Rings. This was so cool, and it was RIGHT in front of us! I can't believe how high those rings are off the ground--the TV TOTALLY doesn't do it justice!! It's crazy.
And what you can't see are the two guys flying through the air on their own set of not-so-still-rings, Cirque du Soleil style. It was amazing.
1 comment:
Holy crap the break dancing was AMAZING. Whoa...wish I was there. That was awesome. THanks for sharing the videos!
Post a Comment