I've gotten to be pretty good friends with our bookkeeper, Sheila, too. (I had an awesome photo of her on a little kids playground rocking horse thingy, but I can't find it...it must be on my other computer. Rats.) We talk horses, and that's our big connection. I actually went to her house one time and got to see her horses--they are beautiful! :) But then again, I'm a sucker for horses. I'll miss chatting with her and bugging her in her office, too. I told her maybe sometime I'll have to come over and muck stalls. She's GREAT for advice...I've really enjoyed getting to know her.
There are, of course, families I'll really miss, too--the people at the church have been, by and large, incredibly warm and open and loving to me. It has been a huge blessing to get to know many of them, and they've all told me they're sad to see me go...but they've also all heartily congratulated me and wished me well in this new adventure. I think that speaks to the quality of people I've had the opportunity to work with.
There are a few people I've worked with over the past year who actually, truly make it difficult to leave. Deborah, of course, is the main one. Deborah and I have WAAAAAAY too much in common...it's awesome! :) The first month or so after I started, we realized we were born in the same town, have many of the same hobbies, went to the same college and had the same major, have struggled with a lot of the same health issues....it's almost scary how similar we are. She's amazing and beautiful I would never have made it through the last 14 months without her. Most of all, though, she's really become a great friend. I'm totally going to miss working with her...but we always have hip hop! :) And now Zumba! :) I love that!!
So now it's just the rest of the week left to wrap things up, say goodbyes (or see ya laters!), and get ready to start my new adventure. Onward and upward!
No comments:
Post a Comment