Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life Update (Part 1).

Welp, folks, this is the final post and then I am caught up on the blogs I promised from when I got behind. Can you believe it? I'm finally almost caught up. Phew! It only took a month...and a half...or so... But can you forgive me if I remind you that I have thrown a BUNCH of other posts in to make up for my lack of writing there for a bit? Hope so. I still have some more things to tell you, mostly about my crazy weekend last weekend and a couple trips I've been on, but that will have to wait 'til another day. On with the post!!

If you took a close look at the title of this post, you may have noticed the parentheses. Let's just say if all goes well and God does what I hope he's doing in my life, next week there may be a part two. We shall see. But I'd sure appreciate it if you all could keep me in your prayers for the rest of this week, especially Friday morning. Possibly more on that later. Again...we'll see.

I know, I know, I'm being cryptic. You'll just have to be okay with that. :) Thanks for understanding.

The best way to sum things up is this: I am hanging in there. Trying to figure out a bunch of stuff with my life, but for now, I'm hanging in there. I've had the opportunity to have some awesome conversations with some very important people in my life recently, and as is usually the case in these situations, they've given me lots to think about.

Sometimes I forget that we're in control of our own lives. Well, actually, that's a lie. When it comes right down to it, God's in control...and actually, how much better is that? Isn't it cool that someone with infinite wisdom and power and foresight, who only has our best interests at heart and operates solely out of love, is in control of our lives? Whoa. Why do I freak out so much then? Maybe when I start freaking out I need to come back and remind myself of these things. Sheesh.

But what I mean about being in control of our own lives is this: it is really easy to get (and to stay) stagnant. Being "comfortable" doesn't really help us to grow, though. I know so many people who are miserable in their jobs, or their locations, or their situations, or their lives, and it is certainly within their power to change those circumstances...but it's a lot easier to wallow, right? I don't want to be that kind of a person.

Think back to the time in your life when you were MOST filled with joy. What were you doing? Who were the people surrounding you? WERE there people surrounding you? How do we capture that? These are the things I've been thinking about.

I know this is random and scattered, but I guess that's also a pretty good description of my life right now, so maybe this is a good update after all. I guess I'll just go back to "I'm hanging in there." Things in my life are good. My house is good, my roommate is good, Erik's good, my family's good...overall, things are going pretty well. And as for the rest, I'll have to fill you in later. :) But I'll just leave you with this:


The One who made THAT is in charge of your life. Cool, huh?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Good advice Jen. I can't wait for part 2.