She just finished school about a year and a half ago, and has followed her heart and the promptings of the Spirit and has joined the Maryknoll Lay Missioners--she will be doing mission work in Brazil for the next three years! She's amazing, and I know she will do incredible things for the people down there. I'm so proud of her for listening to her heart and really, truly praying and asking God for direction, and then following it when it came, even though this is big and scary and totally different than anything she's ever done before.
She left in September for three months of training in New York. She'll be back for the holidays, then off to Brazil to start her new life and new adventure down there. She's amazing and I miss my friend, but I couldn't be more proud of her. Good luck, Carolyn! I can't wait to hear all about how you're changing the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment