Thursday, November 3, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 3

Today I am thankful for the amazing senior boys who are volunteering to teach rugby to my middle school kids. Four high school guys are doing their senior project with me, and they are AWESOME with the kids. High school volunteers are always hit or miss--they might be amazing, or they might be horrible (I have had--and currently have--both), but these four guys rock. They have new and different things for the kids to do each week, they have total control over their group (which is difficult for the adults to do!), the kids love them, they are SO positive and supportive and encouraging with my kids (who are not necessarily always the most athletic or easiest kids)--I can't say enough how great these guys are. I talked to them a little bit about some of the kids who are playing to give them an idea about some of the rough situations the kids are in, and they were so humble and sweet about it. They are making a huge difference in the lives of these kids, and they're having a great time doing it. Such an idyllic partnership. I'm so thankful for these four guys (and my college volunteer who "supervises" them for me).

I'm also thankful for the chance to sit down for a couple hours and have dinner with my cousin, Steph. She's had a rough couple months, and even though we live in the same town (ish), we don't see each other too often, so it was nice to make time to catch up. Plus that chicken curry was DELISH!

I'm also thankful for a fun new recipe my friend Marie sent me this morning for Pumpkin Mac and Cheese--doesn't that sound amazing? I can't wait to try it out! :)

And I'm thankful for this silly cartoon that totally made me laugh this morning! :) Cheers!


What are you thankful for today?

No comments: