Last night I must have slept wrong or something, because I woke up in EXCRUCIATING pain. Anytime I try to move my head or neck, I have this incredibly sharp pain in my neck and shoulder. I worked for a few hours, but it was no fun, and now I'm pretty much down for the count. So today I'm super thankful for sick time at work (so I could give up and come home early), good pain meds, and the awesome rice bag my mom made me years ago. They are definitely helping, even if only a little.
I'm also thankful it's college basketball season again! You know I love my Gonzaga basketball!!!!! Tonight was the first regular season game, and since my budget does not allow for cable (which I normally don't care too much about anyway) and I wasn't feeling up to going out, I was bummed I wouldn't get to watch it. However, leave it to the Zag fans, because one quick post on facebook elicited a couple places to watch it online (plus an invite to another friend's house to watch it). So I got to see it after all, and the first game of the season was a WIN! :) GO GONZAGA!!
I'm also excited and so, so thankful that I will get to spend my goddaughter's 2nd birthday WITH her this year!!!! :) Janna and Ryan's sweet baby girl, Olivia, is my goddaughter, and I haven't seen her since she was four months old! Originally I had thought Jan and Ryan weren't coming until late on the 23rd, or maybe even the 24th, but Jan just texted me that they'll be there on the 22nd, and I am sooooo excited!! I love my sweet Livy and I can't wait to see her! Living far apart is hard because I want to have a relationship with her, but we're doing the best we can. :)
Finally, today I am so thankful for the freedoms we enjoy in the United States, and more importantly, for the men and women in the military who fight and sacrifice and risk everything to guarantee those freedoms. I'm also thankful for their families, who give up so much to support the troops in a very real way. Tonight I'm especially thankful for my Uncle Jim and Aunt Joan, who were both in the Navy; for my Grandpa Einar, who fought in WW2; for my friend Mike, who is on his second tour and currently serving in Afghanistan, and his wife Sarah and son Patrick--Sarah is raising a two-year old AND completing her first year of PT school while Mike's deployed, which is certainly no small feat--they are an amazing family; despite the struggles of the past few months, for Zack and his dad, who are both military men; and for the rest of my family and friends who are serving right now or who have served in the past, and for all veterans and military men and women out there. Thank you for your service.
Also...Happy 11/11/11!!
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment