Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 23

Today I am especially thankful for the life of Margaret Cosgrove, and the chance I've had to know such an amazing, kind, special, remarkable woman. Margaret was Erik's "Grandma Coz," and she passed away this morning after a valiant battle with cancer. She was a major part of my life for many years, so I'm sad to see her go, but I know these last few months have been very difficult for her. She was a very gentle, graceful woman--a true lady--and I'm sure no one knew how much she was really suffering. Ellicia (Erik's sister) said their granddad kissed her goodbye and told her it was okay to go, and then she passed away peacefully. Thank goodness for small blessings. She was so sweet and always so good to me. What a beautiful woman, and how awesome to be Home for Thanksgiving. :)

Eternal rest, grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. And may God bless her family with comfort, strength, and peace.

I'm also thankful for phone calls, text messages, and emails, and the ease they provide for connecting with people we love.

I'm thankful for pumpkin curry, ala Williams Sonoma. An employee at the store recommended it to me a couple weeks ago, we picked some of the sauce up a couple weeks ago to make for dinner tonight--sooooo, soooo good! Seriously, if you have a WS near you, you should pick some up! It's seasonal, so they won't have it for long, and it was delicious!

I had to have a root canal and some dental work done this morning. Nothing like a dentist who calls you kiddo and hums (and sometimes sings) along to the Christmas music on the radio while he works on your mouth for the better part of three hours! :) He's really, really good, and so far, I'm just exhausted and not in total agony. I am definitely grateful for good, strong pain meds, and especially for the fact that so far they have not made me feel crazy nauseated. Having a root canal the day before Thanksgiving definitely could have been much worse! He even called to check on me before he went home tonight, and gave me his cell number in case anything happens over the weekend.

I'm also so thankful my family is in town, and I could spend a low-key evening chilling with them, even though I'm all hopped up on painkillers and exhausted. They're the best! :)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: