Today I'm thankful for a fun morning at church and the Advent Festival with Theresa and her beautiful daughter, Siena. Last night was a rough night, waiting for the call that might or might not come at any moment, so I didn't get much sleep. My alarm didn't go off, I woke up late, and I threw some clothes on and went to church without even showering, but it was good to be there, and it was an amazing relief to laugh and have fun with Theresa and her hilarious daughter.
My mom rented a car in Boise and left at 3:00 in the morning to drive to Montana to be there with my Grandpa and family. I'm so thankful she made it safely...and in time. And I'm thankful my dad made it back to Vernal safely, too.
I'm thankful for fleece-lined dress pants--why did no one ever think of these before? Thank you, Eddie Bauer! Finally I can be dressed up and not freeze to death!
I'm thankful for grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches and peppermint ice cream--can you tell today's a comfort food kind of day?
I happened to catch the Hallmark movie of Mitch Albom's book tonight, "Have a Little Faith," and it was exactly what I needed to see. Sometimes those Hallmark movies are pure cheese, but this one was beautiful.
I called my mom tonight and she was up at Cambridge, the assisted living place, with my Grandpa. I got a chance to chat for a minute with my sweet, beautiful, gentle, wonderful Aunt Sandy, and I am so, so, so, so thankful for her, and her calming presence, and her love. She is the ex-wife of my mom's brother, but she is very much still in our family and we love her so much. I'm glad to know she's there with my Mom and my Grandma and my Uncle Kim and she can take a little of the burden for them. This whole thing is so, so hard, but I'm glad we have each other and there is so much love going around. Family is an amazing thing.
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment