Gratitude Project, Day 1: Today I am thankful for a delicious dinner and girl time with two awesome friends, to celebrate Jill's big news that she's expecting!; my best friend from college surprised me with a phone call and a 2 1/2 hour chat on Sunday--granted, not today, but still so thankful for our chat!; my awesome family; my best friend April's 2 year old accidentally calling me on the phone tonight, leading to a quick chat with April; and I'm thankful that it's November, in general, and the kick-off of the Holiday Season!
Today I was thinking about it, and here's how I know autumn is my favorite season: every year when September rolls around, I think, "I love September! I love when it's still warm, but starting to get cooler, the leaves are changing, football games are starting--such a great month!" Then October comes, and I think, "I love October! I love all the pumpkin-y goodness, so many fun birthdays, Harvest time, corn mazes, yummy soups and stews--its such a great month!" Then in November, I think, "I love November! November means the holidays are coming, it's almost Thanksgiving (I love Thanksgiving!), lots of yummy warm drinks--such a great month!" And then December (still technically fall until right before Christmas) comes, and I think, "December is the best! I love the holiday season, with the sights and sounds and smells (and a little snow, if we're lucky!)...such a gorgeous time of year!" I can't say I consistently think those kinds of thoughts about the rest of the months of the year. I love autumn, and I love November! :)
So...for what are you thankful?
1 comment:
Great post! Thanks for the reminder to be thankful!
Post a Comment