Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 22

Today I'm thankful for St. Cecilia! St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music and musicians, and today is her Feast Day! She is also the saint I chose as my confirmation saint (largely due to her association with music), but she has a cool story, too. I also received a couple sweet, unexpected text messages from some very thoughtful friends wishing me a happy feast day, so that was awesome, too. I am very blessed.

I'm SO THANKFUL FOR A LONG BREAK!! Today was my first day off for Thanksgiving and it was awesome! My parents came over and we went to Benihana for lunch--yum! The food was delicious, and the hibachi chef was HILARIOUS!! He was literally flipping a raw egg yolk up in the air on the back of a spatula without breaking it--awesome. And lunch wasn't crazy expensive there, either. It was a lot of fun.

Umm, by the way, have you tried peach-flavored Fresca? I'm not usually a Fresca fan, but this stuff is awesome! Try it...you can thank me later. ;)

We went out for dinner with my sister, and my dad insisted on me riding with them, even though it meant he had to bring me home and drive back to Amy's later. This saved me some gas money and meant I didn't have to drive in torrential rain and crazy traffic (and we all know how much I hate driving in general), so this was super sweet! I had the best, best, best salad at dinner--YUM! And on the way there, I got an unexpected phone call from my friend, Tana, so we had some time to catch up. It was really great. So much to be thankful for today!

What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments: