Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 15

Today I'm thankful for beautiful morning fog and afternoon sunshine. I seriously really do love the fog! I think it's so pretty, especially when it's starting to burn off and the sun glitters through it. It was rarely foggy where I grew up, so I think there's something a little bit magical about it for me. And I'm also thankful for the gorgeous afternoon sunshine we had today! I thought it was supposed to be rainy and gross all day, so that beautiful sunshine on my drive home was a nice surprise.

I'm also SOOOOOO thankful for long emails from my best friend from college, Debi. She has lived in France ever since we graduated from college, and with only a few lulls, we have managed to email each other almost every week over the past EIGHT years. Even though we don't see each other too often (although I did get a glorious weekend with her in July) or get to talk on the phone too often, we always know what's going on in each other's lives and she is one of those people I can talk to about anything. She just graduated from medical school (in FRANCE, for crying out loud!) and is starting her residency, and I'm so proud of her! Love this girl! And every time her name pops up in my inbox, without fail, it makes me smile.

I'm also so, so, so thankful for my awesome sister and the fact that we live in the same town for once! We often have "Biggest Loser" dates on Tuesday nights, and I love just being able to go over and hang out with her. She is hilarious and brilliant and beautiful and one of my very best friends. I am so lucky to have such a sweet, awesome, amazing sister, and to have her living close by for awhile is WONDERFUL!

Speaking of my sister, she made me laugh so hard tonight that I literally couldn't breathe and I had tears streaming down my face for like 10 minutes. So thankful. :)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: