Monday, November 21, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 21

Today I'm thankful for being on vacation! We have Thursday and Friday off, and I took Tuesday and Wednesday as vacation, so I am officially DONE! Yay for 6 day weekends!! :) And yay for not having to set my alarm clock tonight!

Tonight we had our first meeting for the Young Adult Retreat. This is one of my favorite things I do in Portland, and even though it's a ton of work, I am blessed to work on it with some of the best people I know, and we always end up creating an awesome experience for everyone who comes. I'm so proud of the work the seven (or so) of us do together, and even though our group changes a little every year, we always have a lot of fun together. So even though I had to miss out on a fun time with my family, I'm really glad we got a chance to catch up and we got a ton accomplished tonight. :)

I'm also thankful my long game of phone tag with my friend Dave finally ended. He moved to Montana in August, and I really miss having him around. We had a really, really good conversation, and made tentative plans to see each other while he's in Portland this week! He's a great friend.

And while it's silly, I'm thankful I randomly caught Brian Williams's interview of Betty White on TV tonight. What a remarkable woman! She is hilarious and insightful, and it was a nice way to end the day. :)

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: