Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 2.

Today I am thankful for space heaters. There is no heat in my office at the school, but there are big awesome windows--which is pretty much the perfect storm for a freezing cold room in the winter. But my little space heater packs a punch and keeps me nice and toasty...as long as I pretty much sit on top of it while I work. :) Welcome to Siberia, kids.

I'm also super thankful for the administration at the school I'm working in this year. They are both new to their positions this year (the VP is new to the school), and they are OUTSTANDING. They are both hilarious, down-to-earth, real, powerful, strong women, and I am totally enjoying working with them. They really like me, they appreciate what I'm doing, and they literally let me do pretty much whatever I want at the school, which is awesome. And they recognize me as a professional and trust me as such, but we have a really laid-back, easy relationship. None of our other staff have the freedom I have at our school, and I don't take that for granted for one second. They are awesome, and such good role models, for the kids and for me.

I'm also thankful for my puppy, Allee, who is currently sitting patiently by my side with her toy, waiting for me to stop typing and throw it for her. She is settling down nicely now that she's finally moving out of her puppy phase (although she has her moments), she's awesome. She loves to snuggle, and she never lets me get more than a few feet away from her. If I'm working, she lays right next to me (I'm sitting on the floor right now, and she just jumped up on the couch, laid down, and has her head and front paws on my shoulder--she's seriously SO sweet), and she loves to lay on my toes and keep them warm. Since my life is not really what I thought it would be at this point, it's pretty important to have her as a buddy...I might go a little crazy otherwise! (At least this way I'm talking to her instead of just to myself!) :)

I'm also super grateful to read everyone else's Gratitude Project posts! Talk about warm fuzzies! :)

What are you thankful for today?


No comments: