Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 6

Today I'm thankful for the end of Daylight Savings Time. I do hate that it gets dark so much earlier, but my body is seriously so much happier on Standard Time. It is so much easier for me to get out of bed, and not just on the first day of Standard Time! :)

I got to sleep in today (well, truthfully I woke up early-ish and realized I could keep sleeping, and I was SO thankful)!

I'm always thankful for the chance to go to my favorite church. I'm so thankful for the faith I have--I don't know how people without faith get through the day, especially when hard times hit.

Today was a gorgeous, crisp, sunny, beautiful day! Once October hits in the Pacific Northwest, I am always thankful for every single one of those that come. It was so beautiful, especially with all the incredible leaves we have right now. I really wanted to take a walk or go for a bike ride, but with the now limited daylight, I had to make a choice, and a nap in my sunny living room won out. :) I love days when I can take a nap, and having my little hot water bottle of a puppy curled up next to me under my cozy quilt made it all the better. I watched the Denver Broncos game up until half time, then napped through the second half, so it was a nice surprise when I woke up to a win! :)

Later I looked at my phone, and realized I had missed a call from my bestie, April, while I was at church. Apparently her kiddos have decided we don't talk enough, because this is the second week in a row that little Logan has been the one who called! :) So we had a nice chat, and when she had to chase after Logan later, I had a nice chat with Kelsi, too. :) Love those kiddos!

Finally, I'm thankful for a fun new recipe for pumpkin cinnamon rolls, and the smell of heaven wafting through my apartment while they cook. :) Yum!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: