Sunday, November 13, 2011

Gratitude Project, Day 13

Today I'm thankful for Christmas music on the radio!! (Yes, I'm one of THOSE people.) In high school I sang in a show choir. (I'm one of THOSE people, too.) And to tell you the truth, to this day it was still one of the best things I've ever done. I honestly loved every single minute of it. And the very best part (for me) was the Christmas season. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, we usually had 40+ performances--yes, that's often several in one day--and we performed all over at Christmas parties, school assemblies, public gatherings, you name it. It was a blast. But starting right after Thanksgiving meant we usually started learning Christmas music in October in order to have all the songs and choreography down in time. That's why it's funny to me when people are freaking out about listening to Christmas music in mid-November--I just don't see the problem (thank you HiLites)! In fact, this seems late to start if you ask me! Plus, I love Christmas music. I always have. So why should I only get to listen to it for a month? I think at least two months of the year is perfectly acceptable. So if you are a "strictly after Thanksgiving" person, I totally understand and support that, but as for me, I'm rocking Portland's Christmas music station in my car, and I'm so happy it's back!

I'm also thankful for the ADORABLE kiddos who were around me at church this morning. There was this BEAUTIFUL little Asian baby girl in front of me--so sweet! And a cute little boy sat next to me. When I was in college, we had Masses that were specifically done by the University, catering to college students, but sometimes I really loved going to the Family Mass at the church--it's so awesome to see families with grandparents and little kids all worshipping together. I love the church I've been going to by my house. The priest is AWESOME, his sermons are always totally amazing, and the music is INCREDIBLE. I feel really blessed that this just happens to be the closest church to my house. :) Plus, at the end, they had all the veterans stand up today and the whole church clapped for a long time. It was really sweet. It's a wonderful place.

My neck and back are still tweaked, so after church and a quick stop at the grocery store, naptime was in order. Since my apartment was a little chilly, I curled up on the couch with a big, heavy quilt and Allee crawled under and curled up next to me. She is definitely my personal hot water bottle. :) She never lets me get more than a few feet away from her, and she loves it when we have naptime together. I'm so thankful for long Sunday naps!

And finally, I made a great big pot of delicious vegetable soup tonight. It is my new favorite thing--super easy, healthy, cheap, and so, so delicious. I will be thankful for that all week!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: