I made pumpkin cinnamon rolls last night (see last post, and thanks again, Erika, for the recipe)! They turned out beautifully, and my house still smells amazing because of them. I made a double batch so we could freeze some for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning (my poor sister has to work on Thanksgiving, so I thought that would be fun to have something quick and easy and special that's already done), and I also wanted to share with a few people. So I got to do a few little random acts of kindness and drop off cinnamon rolls for some unsuspecting friends, family, and co-workers. :) I love sharing the fruits of my labor, and I'm so thankful I have the opportunity to do so!
In September, my friend and I tackled a giant canning project, and we made 22 GALLONS of homemade, organic pasta sauce. It is DELICIOUS!!!! (I will dedicate a post to this adventure sometime soon.) Anyway, on days like today, when it's late and I'm tired and I'm driving home thinking, "Ugh, there is no food at my house," it is SO AWESOME to remember that WAIT A MINUTE!! I have the makings of a delicious, gourmet pasta dinner and all I have to do is throw it together! :) So I am so thankful for the 24 quarts and 24 pints of sauce that came home with me (even though I've already given quite a bit of it away), and for the amazing flavors and memories and feelings of accomplishment each jar brings. :)
And I'm thankful for "the sing-off." It seriously makes my day every week. I love music, especially vocal music, and I love a cappella! The groups on this show are SO good, and so unique, and it makes me happy to watch it. It's the little things, you know? Plus those Utah boys are adorable, and you gotta root for the home team! :)
What are you thankful for today?
No comments:
Post a Comment